Power stroke engines are considered to be among the best today but they are not devoid of issues. A common power stroke problem is water pump failure. Typically, you will see if after many years of use but early decay and problems are not unheard of.
- Best Water Pump for 7.3 Power Stroke
- Best water pump for 7.3 power stroke – buying guide
- Best water pump for 7.3 power stroke – Editor’s Choice
- 1) Airtex Water Pump for 7.3 power stroke
- 2) Motorcraft Water Pump
- 3) OAW Engine Water Pump for 7.3 power stroke
- 4) Gates Water Pump for 7.3 power stroke
- 5) A-Premium Engine Water Pump
Best Water Pump for 7.3 Power Stroke
If you need to replace your water pump and don’t know where to begin, you have come to the right place.
Best water pump for 7.3 power stroke – buying guide
It is not right to trust anyone’s choices without knowing what to look for in the product. There are too many options online and it is easy to get confused. In fact, we have had complaints about people falling prey to fraudulent sellers and schemes. Here’s a checklist to help you out:
- Make sure it is the right fit – Each vehicle model and power stroke engine will have its specifications. The water pump you choose must be compatible with these two. The size is also a major factor here. If you buy the wrong fit, you will have to return it. This is why, ensuring fitment is step number 1.
- Make sure it is new – There are many used water pumps being sold on the market. But, it is necessary to go with a new one. New ones are not very expensive either, so you don’t have to compromise by settling for an old one.
- Make sure it has important additional parts – These could include gaskets and a new hose but do not make this the priority. If the water pump you like comes with these parts, that’s great. If not, you can let it slide.
- Make sure you check the warranty – Warranty is proof that the water pump is reliable. A few options come with a warranty and these are the ones you should choose.
Best water pump for 7.3 power stroke – Editor’s Choice
When you search online, you will find a great number of water pumps that are perfect for your vehicle. Choosing just one would be completely unfair, which is why our editors have shortlisted 5 great water pumps for you.
1) Airtex Water Pump for 7.3 power stroke
The Airtex Water Pump is a highly reliable product that comes with a teal pipe and a gasket. It is particularly known to be durable and affordable. Below are a few more details:
- It is ideal for belt-driven applications.
- It has been engineered to be reliable with excellent sealing. The housing is precisely machined for this purpose.
- It is designed to be up to the OE standards, which means that the fitment will not be a problem at all.
- The water pump promises multiple benefits after installation including good flow, better mileage, and zero leakage.
- The manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty to back their product.
2) Motorcraft Water Pump
It is durable, efficient, and easy to install. What else would you want in a water pump? Well, we understand you are looking for many more features and we are happy to report that Motorcraft has them as well. Let’s take a look:
- It delivers efficiency and great performance right from the time of installation.
- It has strong housing and quality design made of ceramic seals that make it very durable.
- It circulates the liquid by pumping it into the radiator.
- Its precision bearings promise seamless performance.
- The water pump comes with installation gaskets.
- It is easy to install and is the perfect OE replacement.
- It is backed by a 12-month warranty.
3) OAW Engine Water Pump for 7.3 power stroke
The OAW water pump is brand new and fts the original water pump’s specifications. It also promises the same level of performance, if not better. Below are a few highlights of the same:
- It comes with gaskets but you must buy the other parts needed for installation.
- The water pump has an efficient design that ensures adequate cooling by maximizing flow.
- It fits multiple 7.3 L power stroke engines including 00-03 Excursion, 96-97 FS9, 00-03 E450 and E550 Super Duty, and more. Make sure you cross-check the vehicle model before buying.
- It eliminates overheating problems.
- The seals of the water pump are made of carbon-graphite ceramics. This means that they are highly reliable.
- The manufacturers offer a warranty of 12 months.
4) Gates Water Pump for 7.3 power stroke
Gates stands out in terms of quality and offering because it is an all-in-one package. Along with the water pump you will receive everything you need to install and get going. No additional purchases! If that’s not enough, let’s go through the other features it offers:
- It comes with two rubber seals, two bolts, and three O-rings.
- It is a direct OE replacement.
- The pump itself is made of steel while the housing is made of aluminum. This combination makes it very strong.
- During assembly, the pump has passed multiple tests. This has ensured that there’s absolutely no problem of leakage.
- It has a one-year warranty.
5) A-Premium Engine Water Pump
We are happy to reveal that the A-Premium water pump lives up to its name. Users say that it is really an A-class pump due to the following reasons:
- It comes with the parts required for installation such as the bolts and the hose.
- It is a durable water pump.
- It is an OEM replacement part and allows easy installation.
- Its performance is deemed to be flawless.
- The manufacturers offer a one-year warranty, making it a safe purchase.
All that’s left for you to do is compare and buy!
We hope all your doubts are cleared and you are ready to make your purchase. If you have any other questions, please talk to us!